It Never Gets Easier, You Just Get Better!!!
Tallaght Leisure Centre and South County Dublin Leisure Services Ltd. are committed to providing accessible sporting and leisure opportunities.
Social Inclusion Policy
As a leisure facility operated by South County Dublin Leisure Services on behalf of South Dublin County Council, we strive to provide a safe, friendly and all inclusive environment to the population of Tallaght and the greater Dublin area. With a population in excess of 1.5million within the Dublin region and in excess of 43,000 locally in Tallaght we aim to offer leisure opportunities to all those who would chose Tallaght Leisure Centre.
- Offering a wide ranging, exciting, varied timetable of events and activities
- Promoting an all inclusive atmosphere in all activities
- Ensuring current clubs/groups adopt an acceptable social inclusion policy
- Training staff and educating members of the public
- Actively seeking out groups with disabled participants and encouraging use of the centre
- Regularly reviewing the accessibility facilities for users and ensuring standards are maintained
- Strive to achieve ‘White Flag’ accreditation for our disability provisions
- Develop and maintain our relationship with the Wheelchair Association of Ireland, National Association for Deaf people, National Council of the Blind in Ireland and the National Disability Authority.
AN AWARD WINNING LEISURE CENTRE
This policy will be in accordance with the Ireland Active Operational Standards for Indoor Sports and Recreational Facilities and relevant legislation.
Tallaght Leisure Centre facility caters for a wide range of levels and ability. In order to provide accessibility options we offer the following facilities:
- Dedicated disabled parking spaces are available in front of the building for your convenience
- Tactile and dropped kerbs on approach to the leisure centre
- Point of contact desk/receptions are at seated/wheelchair height
- Induction loop on reception desk and pool area
- Braille door signs on all access doors
- Accessible turnstile at reception
- First aid room and qualified first aiders on site
- Pool hoist
- Dedicated accessible toilet and changing facilities
- Emergency alarms provided in toilets
- Access to our sauna and steam rooms
- Mobile shower chair available